Following the success of last year's inaugural workshop in Dublin, the 2nd EIASM Workshop on People Analytics and Algorithmic Management (PAAM) will be held at the University of Leeds on 21st & 22nd June 2023. The workshop is designed to bring together leading and emerging scholars working in the area of PAAM across disciplines. We therefore would like to emphasise the multidisciplinary nature of this forum and hence, we welcome contributions from a diverse array of management subject areas such as human resource management and employment relations, work and organisational psychology, business analytics, information systems, organization studies and business ethics as well as from other disciples such as sociology, economics, law, philosophy and computer science. The workshop has a strong developmental focus and as such encourages research which may be in progress as well as completed research. Given your interest and expertise in this field we hope you migh consider submitting a paper and joining us in Leeds.
We welcome theoretical pieces as well as empirical papers from both qualitative and quantitative traditions.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Institutional and contextual factors in the adoption and use of analytics in HR in organisations;
- The specific use of analytics and insights in different HR domains (e.g. performance management, recruitment and selection, learning and development, etc.);
- Use of analytics in people management outside HR;
- A theory-led understanding of HR analytics legitimacy, maturity and impact;
- The role of Analytics for the HR's legitimacy in organisations;
- Growth and development of HR Analytics functions;
- Analytics in HR and People Management in SMEs;
- Roles, capabilities and career paths of HR Analytics professionals;
- The role of AI-driven HR technologies and solutions in HR and People Management;
- The use Analytics insights informing decision-making by non-HR users;
- Users of Analytics in HR and People Management (e.g. HRBPs versus CHRO versus employees vs customers).
- Analytics and employee voice;
- Analytics and employee well-being;
- Algorithmic management in HR and People Management;
- Algorithmic management and precarious work;
- Processes and compliance in Analytics in HR and People Management;
- Continuous improvement and project management methodologies in HR Analytics;
- Social and ethical challenges for Analytics in HR and People Management.
Full details of the workshop and call for papers can be found here. Note the deadline for abstract submission is Friday 3rd March 2023.
Thanks to the sponsorship of the University of Leeds, a limited number of bursaries are available to help cover the travel and participation costs of PhD students and early career scholars (typically 3 years or less since completing a PhD) who do not have access to institutional support to meet these costs. These will be awarded competitively.
We hope to see you in Leeds in June!
Andy Charlwood, Maria Belizón and Jeroen Mejerink (workshop co-chairs)
University of Leeds