The Lam Family College of Business Department of Management at San Francisco State University offers an exciting opportunity for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
Management beginning August 2023. We seek a colleague with teaching and research interests in the field(s) of Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, or related fields. We are especially interested in qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and excellence in our academic community/department/program through their teaching, research, and service.
The Department of Management is home to approximately 20 tenure/tenure-track faculty members of diverse backgrounds covering three disciplines: organizational behavior, business and society, and strategic management. It offers an MBA Certificate in Sustainable Business.
The mission of San Francisco State University is to create and maintain an environment for learning that promotes respect for and appreciation of scholarship, freedom, human diversity, and the cultural mosaic of the City of San Francisco and the Bay Area; to promote excellence in instruction and intellectual accomplishment; and to provide broadly accessible higher education for residents of the region and state, as well as the nation and world. To fulfill its mission, the University is committed to the following goals:
● Attracting, retaining and graduating a highly diverse student body
● Providing disciplinary and interdisciplinary liberal arts and professional education that is academically rigorous and intellectually challenging
● Providing curricula that reflect all dimensions of human diversity, and that encourage critical thinking and a commitment to social justice
● Recruiting, retaining and supporting a diverse faculty whose teaching demonstrates an active engagement with their individual fields of study and whose creative and scholarly work is an extension of the classroom, laboratory or studio
● Employing a staff and administration reflecting the diversity of our student community and the values of the campus;
● Fostering a collegial and cooperative intellectual environment that includes recognition and appreciation of differing viewpoints and promotes academic freedom within the University community; and
● Serving the communities with which its students and faculty are engaged.
Responsibilities: The position requires undergraduate and graduate teaching in management core and elective courses, mentoring and advising graduate and undergraduate students, maintaining an active scholarship program in one's area of specialty, and active engagement in committee and service assignments. Detailed position description is available at https://cob.sfsu.edu/faculty/faculty-job-opportunities/full-time.
• Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior or Human Resources from an AACSB-accredited school, or closely related field with AACSB Scholarly Academic status. Degree must be awarded by the first day of employment.
• Candidate demonstrates an interest and competence in teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the area of Organizational Behavior and/or Human Resource Management.
• Candidate has an active record and research program related to their specialty area.
• Candidate demonstrates an ability to incorporate inclusion, diversity, and educational equity in teaching and/or scholarship/creative works.
• Candidate has experience teaching and working closely with students from historically underserved communities.
• Candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills and has a record of contributing to supportive and collaborative work environments.
Rank and salary: Assistant Professor. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The California State University (CSU) provides generous health, retirement and other benefits.
An online application must be completed by September 16th, 2022 to receive consideration. To apply, please go to https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/sf/en-us/listing/ to begin the application process and submit the following materials:
1. Cover letter (relating your experience to the required and preferred qualifications)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. A diversity statement of no more than 500 words that provides an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity, inclusion, and equity in support of SFSU's diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity, inclusion, and equity in your teaching, research, and service.
Note: Letters of recommendation and evidence of research and teaching accomplishments will be requested at a later date. Please direct all questions about the position to Ms. Ashley Wolff, Management Department Coordinator, at email@example.com.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. We strongly encourage the application of individuals from historically underrepresented groups. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager. Additional information on the requirements for new employees may be found on the Human Resources web page (https://hr.sfsu.edu/about-hr).
CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California, with very limited exceptions. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.