Call for Papers
Special Issue of Human Resource Management
Strategic Human Resource Management in the Era of Environmental Disruptions
Sunghoon Kim, The University of Sydney Business School, Australia, email@example.com
Vlad Vaiman, California Lutheran University School of Management, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karin Sanders, UNSW Business School, Australia, email@example.com
Background, Objectives, and Subject Coverage of the Special Issue:
This special issue of Human Resource Management invites HR scholars to reflect on the implications of environmental disruptions to organizational HR systems, and thereby make novel contributions to the literature of Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM). Despite the notable achievements made over the last four decades, SHRM scholarship still has many areas for further development. This special issue intends to be a platform for researchers who wish to answer this call by giving special attention to environmental disruptions.
Key themes that we hope the special issue will explore and examine include, but are not limited to:
- New SHRM theories that take into account the role of environmental disruptions.
- Attracting, developing, deploying, and retaining global talents during an environmental disruption.
- HR (sub)systems and practices that enhance organizational resilience against environmental disruptions.
- Diversity and inclusion practices during environmental disruption.
- Employees' perception, understanding and attribution of HR in the context of environmental disruption.
- Social construction of environmental disruptions and its implications to SHRM
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2021
Authors can submit their paper to HRM for review at any time, but no later than the submission deadline of February 15, 2021. Papers should be prepared and submitted according to the journal's guidelines: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/page/journal/1099050x/homepage/forauthors.html. All papers will be reviewed upon receipt and subject to the same double-blind peer review process as regular issues of HRM. If you have questions about a potential submission, feel free to contact any of the guest editors.
For more information and to see the full Call for Papers, please refer to https://bit.ly/3hsdzoa