This award is presented to an executive who leads HR for a major global organization and who has distinguished themself throughout a career by showing leadership to the human resources management field and a commitment to higher education.
- The head of HR for a major global organization where the top HR position is a part of the executive leadership team.
- Contribution to HR practice. The executive should not only be recognized for a distinguished career and contribution to his/her organization, but should be respected in the broader community of HR professionals for advancing the field through effective leadership.
- Contribution to HR research. The candidate should be someone who has actively supported research in HR either through institutional collaboration or personal involvement within his/her organization.
- Contribution to HR education. The candidate should be someone who has consistently supported education, training, and continuous learning in the field of HR. This might include involvement in professional organizations, academic institutions, and/or corporate learning.
- Winners will be expected to attend the Academy of Management Meeting to present an 8 to 12 minute invited address to the Division.
Award winners are selected by the HR Division Executive Committee.