The Herbert Heneman Jr. Award for Career Achievement is given by the Human Resources Division of the Academy of Management to an individual who has distinguished himself/herself in the field of human resource management. The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $2000 honorarium.
In support of the HR Division's goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations that reflect the rich diversity, backgrounds, and perspectives of our membership.
- A clear record of excellence in research (i.e., publications in top journal outlets, high citation counts, and/or high impact authored books).
- The impact of the nominee’s research upon the science, teaching, and practice of human resource management.
- The stature of the nominee relative to other scholars in the field of human resources management.
- Only those people who have a long length of service (25+ years post-graduate school) are eligible for the award.
Nominations should adhere to the following procedures:
- Only members of the Human Resources Division of the Academy of Management may be nominated for the award.
- Nominations may be submitted by any member of the HR Division. Self-nominations will be accepted.
- The nomination materials should include a current CV listing the citation counts or a link to Google Scholar profile of citation counts, a letter of nomination, and two letters of support.
- Please combine all required materials (e.g., CV, nomination letter, and letters of support) into a single PDF document (less than 100 MB) and use the "nominate" button to complete an official nomination for this award.
- The nomination deadline is February 1, 2024.
- Complete nomination packets will remain active for three award cycles. If the nominee is not selected, the nomination will automatically roll over to the next award cycle. We encourage nominators to update the packet, if necessary, before each award cycle. After three award cycles, there is a one year waiting period before the nomination can be resubmitted.