The Innovative Teaching Award is given to an individual who has developed an innovative teaching method or disseminated a new approach in the teaching of human resource management. The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $500 honorarium. The award winner will also be expected to share their teaching innovation via a presentation during the pre-conference activities at the Academy meeting that takes place one year after receiving the award.
In support of the HR Division's goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations that reflect the rich diversity, backgrounds, and perspectives of our membership.
- The person nominated for the award must be a member of the HR Division of the Academy of Management, must possess a doctoral degree, and must be available to present the innovation during pre-conference activities at the Annual Academy of Management meeting that takes place one year after receiving the award.
- The winner must also agree to allow the HR Division to post the innovative method on the HR Division Website.
- Both self and other nominations are acceptable.
Nominators should submit a letter that clearly describes the teaching innovation in 2-5 pages. The awards committee is particularly interested in understanding:
- What the innovation is.
- How the innovation positively affects students’ learning experiences.
- How readily the innovation could be adopted by others.
- Please combine all required materials (nomination letter, etc.) into a single PDF document (less than 100 MB) and use the “nominate” button to complete an official nomination for this award. The nomination deadline is February 1, 2021.