The HR Division’s Scholarly Achievement Award will be presented to the author(s) of the most significant article in human resource management published in recognized journals and research annuals that are generally available to Division members. Publications may be empirically or non-empirically-based. Nominated papers must have a publication date of 2023; online-first publications are not accepted. Award recipients need not belong to the Academy or to the HR Division. The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $2000 honorarium.
In support of the HR Division's goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations that reflect the rich diversity, backgrounds, and perspectives of our membership.
- The significance and importance of the problem to human resources
- The extent to which the design, findings, or orientation advances research or theory
- The likelihood that the paper will be widely cited in future published work
Nominations should adhere to the following procedures:
- A committee of HR Division members from multiple regions of the world will oversee the selection process.
- Nominated articles can be peer-nominated, self-nominated, or nominated by the Committee provided the nominated article meets the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be based on the extent to which the article has advanced scholarship in HRM.
- Please combine all required materials (article, nomination letter, etc.) into a single PDF document (less than 100 MB) and use the “nominate” button to complete an official nomination for this award. The nomination deadline is February 1, 2024.
- The nomination should include:
- Full names of all the authors
- Title of the article
- Journal in which the article appeared, including year of publication, volume, issue, and page numbers (online-first publications are not accepted)
- A copy of the full article, including references, tables, and appendices