The Early Career Achievement Award recognizes the early career achievement of HR scholars. The Award is given to an individual who makes distinguished contributions during the early- to mid-career stage (defined as within 7 years of receiving the Ph.D.; however, see below for extension of time for childcare leave or health-related leave). The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $1500 honorarium.
In support of the HR Division’s goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations that reflect the rich diversity, backgrounds, and perspectives of our membership.
- A clear record of excellence in research (i.e., publications in top journal outlets, high citation counts, and/or high impact authored books).
- The impact of the nominee’s research upon the science, teaching, and/or practice of human resource management.
- The stature of the nominee vis-à-vis other prominent scholars in the field of human resources management.
- Likelihood that the nominee will continue to provide leadership and contributions to HRM research.
Nominations should adhere to the following procedures:
- Nominees must be HR division members who received their Ph.D.s no earlier than January 1 seven years prior to the award year
- An individual who has taken a leave of absence from his or her career for childcare or health-related reasons (e.g., maternity leave, paternity leave, and sick leave) would be eligible for this award 8 years post PhD. Any such leave of absence should be indicated on nominees' CV, and this should also be noted by the nominator in the nomination letter.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- The nomination materials should include a current CV listing the citation counts or a link to Google Scholar profile of citation counts, a letter of nomination, and two letters of support.
- Please combine all required materials (e.g., CV, nomination letter, and letters of support) into a single PDF document (less than 100 MB) and use the “nominate” button to complete an official nomination for this award.
- The nomination deadline is February 1, 2023.