Goal: Recognize an academic member of the HR Division who has impacted the Human Resources (HR) field by broadly advancing the practice of human resource management.
The Dave Ulrich Impact award honors the extraordinary career of David Ulrich and his contribution to HR practices across the globe. The award recognizes excellence in the application of theory and research in practice and/or public policy. This includes the dissemination of knowledge to practice through education, outreach, and/or creating influential educational content, including: authored scholarly works that have substantively affected Human Resources practice, integrating research and practice, advancing of the professional HR field through education, and translating research into actionable insights for corporations, governments or other stakeholders. Special attention will be given to a scholar whose contributions have shaped the understanding of human resources globally in practice and/or public policy.
- A clear record of influence on practice through actively disseminating knowledge through influential educational content (e.g., publications in practitioner journals, text books, or high impact books)
- Recognition by influential business publications as an impactful leader in the field
- Demonstration of meaningful evidenced-based HR contributions to the business community
- Leadership roles in educational institutions (e.g., program director; academic administrator) that produce consistently high achieving HR leaders
- Involvement in academic roles (i.e., editorial), practice-oriented professional societies (e.g., SHRM, World at Work, HR Policy Association, etc.) or corporate boards (e.g. Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, etc.)
- A record of personal influence and originality such that they have respect among HR practitioners;
- Member of the HR Division of the AOM
- Minimum of 15 years in the field